JVZoo – What is it?
JVZoo is an Affiliate and Marketing Platform which sells mainly digital products mainly aimed at Online marketers.
It is also a platform where Vendors may sell products which they have created themselves.
When I was researching Affiliate Marketing platforms for my own use, I decided to find out more about JVZoo before I committed myself. I only want to recommend products from vendors who provide good products which make for an overall good customer experience, so it was important for me to make sure that this platform matched my own high standards before offering it to other affiliates and customers alike.
JVZoo Affiliate Platform
It is very easy to sign up as an affiliate for JVZoo. Simply go to their website and sign up.
You will get an affiliate number and a link to offer to any customers you have.
You then choose what products you want to market, and away you go. JVZoo deal with all the payments, which are the divided three ways, between the Vendor (the product maker), JVZoo itself and the affiliate in the form of commission.
One of the great advantages that they advertise is that they say they will pay all commissions instantly by Paypal. But dig a little deeper and you will find that, for new marketers at least, they can withhold the payments for up to 90 days; also, Paypal may not pay out commissions unless there is at least $100 in your paypal account.
Paypal say that this is to cover any refunds which may occur if the customer requests them. All the products come with a 30 day refund guarantee if requested by the customer.
What Products does JVZoo Offer?
As already stated, the main line of products available are aimed at Online Marketers and Website owners.
These include a large number of plugins for WordPress designed to ease various problems that WordPress marketers have. For example, many of them claim to provide much needed shortcuts when dealing with social media.
The main problem that I can see is that JVZoo do not appear to exercise any kind of quality control over the products which they offer. Some of the products are very good indeed. But some are frankly abysmal: some don’t even work at all!
The reason for this huge variation in quality is that any product maker can sign up to sell with JVZoo without their products being vetted at all!
The Customer Experience
As I have stated, I would want any customers who have acted on my recommendation of products to have a good customer experience, with good after sales support and ease of refunds.
However, this experience can be as varied in quality as are the products themselves.
This is because there are so many different vendors, and they do not all offer the support that is needed. Some are very good, and they will be almost invariably the ones offering good quality products. The poorer products inevitably have the worst support.
The Vendor’s Support is very important it is they who are responsible for honouring the guarantees.
Refunds have to be taken up with the vendors, and it can be very difficult indeed to get refunds from some vendors.
Of course, once again, the vendors of good products make no difficulties when those refunds are requested.
So you can see the importance of choosing your products carefully!
So the customer experience can vary greatly, depending on which product they buy.
Pros of becoming a JVZoo Affiliate
- It is easy, and free, to sign up as an affiliate
- If you are lucky enough to pick a good product, with few refunds, you will make a good commission
- There is a large variety of products to choose from
Cons of becoming a JVZoo Affiliate
- The quality of the products is not consistent or reliable.
- The Support offered by the Vendors is inconsistent.
- If a refund is required, it can be a tortuous experience!
- If you should choose a bad product your refund rate will be very high.
- You cannot be certain that the customer will have a good experience.
See my #1 recommendation to help you choose the right path for your Internet Marketing here
Would I recommend becoming a JVZoo Affiliate?
A cautious Yes!
But I would be very careful to do thorough research on the product I am offering and to check out the Vendor’s website. You can usually tell if a product is good by their website:
- Do they offer training in using the product?
- Do they offer product Support?
- Do they offer a guaranteed refund for 30 days or more?
- Does the website look professional?
In addition to that, I would be looking for independent reviews of the product. These are easy to find on Google – just make sure that they are not written by the Vendor!!
In other words, I would very thoroughly do my “due Diligence”!
Why Would I Do All That Due Diligence?
- I would never want to recommend products to customers unless I can be completely certain that the products are good, effective and do what they say they will do.
- I would not wish to promote any product unless I could guarantee that there was good customer support.
- I always want my customers to have a good customer experience. If they do not, then they will never accept my recommendations again, and I will have lost a customer for good!
So If you do decide to become a JVZoo Affiliate
- Choose your products very carefully – preferably try them out first for yourself.
- If you like the sound of a produce, look for independent reviews on it before deciding to promote it.
- Also read customer reviews on as many sites as possible.
- If you find a really good product then great, go ahead, review it yourself and recommend it.
So is JVZoo a Scam?
I cannot in all conscience state that JVZoo is a scam, but it is very clear that some of the vendors are scammers.
So be warned, tread very carefully!
My Overall Rating
All in all I would give JVZoo a rating of a cautious 7/10
I hope that my review has been helped you to make your choice of which direction to go in Online Marketing.
If you would like to learn much more about how to do this, and get the same comprehensive trying that I have got, come and join me at
Many thanks for reading this, and I wish you every success in whatever path you choose online.