What are Scams?
What are scams?
Scams are everywhere online.
When you start working online you need to be very sure that you know how to spot them, and when you do, run like mad in the opposite direction!
There are unscrupulous people everywhere whose main objective is to part you from your money! These people can be very plausible.
- They will promise you that you will be able to make a large amount of money in a very short time.
- They will show you “proof” of how well it has worked for them.
- Often they will show you a lengthy video showing exactly how you can do the same.
- They promise that you will have do do very little work to achieve these promised large amounts of money.
In short, scams are “get rich quick ” schemes. What they don’t mention is that they are the ones who will get rich quick, never you! You will just end up considerably poorer, although hopefully wiser!
How to Spot a Scam
One thing to remember is that if something seems too good to be true then the overwhelming chances are that it is NOT true!
How often have you had an email telling you about the most amazing opportunity? Often there is a link to a video where you may be surprised to see that this offer is available in your own locality.
If you decide to watch that video, you will no doubt be treated to the sight of a very prestigious car parked outside a very desirable house. At which point the so-called “owner” will appear and tell you how he made the money to buy all of this from the “opportunity” he is about to describe.
He may well say that he is going to show you some complete amateurs learning all about it and doing it themselves. And it is certain to be easy, and they will make loads of money!
Very soon into this video, I hope you realise that all the people taking part are actors, and the whole opportunity does not exist – it is a SCAM!
It sounds too good to be true, and thats exactly what it is!
So if an amazing sounding opportunity seems to have come your way, ask yourself the following questions:
- How did you come across it? Was it recommended by someone you know and can really trust, or did you just come across it in a random email or advertisement?
- Have you searched online for the opportunity and read independent reviews of it? This is a must do. Never even consider joining in an “opportunity without first having done your “Due Diligence!”
- Are you being asked to “invest” some money in it? This is a big NO NO! the promoters will stress that it is necessary to invest in your own future, that you cannot expect to get something for nothing!
What a joke!
What you will get is nothing for something!
And there is no doubt that the laugh will be on you!
It really is no joke.
There is absolutely no doubt that you will end up much poorer, sadder and wiser!
So PLEASE take my advice!
I really hope that you will take my advice and tread very warily in the world of online “opportunities.” If you come across any scams, then simply run a mile!!
I am speaking to you as someone who in the past has been gullible enough to fall for some of these scams, and in my experience there is never a happy outcome.
The sad fact – if you think it is sad, I don’t! – is that if you want to earn some money online the you will have to work at it. But to be frank, if something is worth having, it truly is worth the effort.
If you would like to learn the right way to start up and run an online business, and get the training and support that you need, then please look at my best advice here
You will find reviews of scams elsewhere on this site, and I shall be adding to them, so please do check back from time to time. If you would like to know when they are published, the please do add yourself to my email list so that `I will be able to let you know.
And please do feel free to leave a comment, especially if you have personally come across any scams, and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Many thanks for reading this, and I hope that I have been able to help you to spot a scam!